How to select a good MBA College?
This is the most crucial decision for a under graduate. One has to ask himself “Which MBA College will shape, direct, support and add value to me to make my dreams true?”
But this is very easy for young business visionaries. The answer is “do check and confirm whether the MBA College falls under following criteria.
Check List for a Good MBA College
- Whether the MBA institute is affiliated with any University, approved by AICTE and accredited with AIU/NAAC/NBA. The best Management College will have all these approvals and acceditations.
- Two years program should not be limited to hours. A 24*7 residential campus will lay down a path to excel and propel the minds of students to excellence.
- The MBA colleges should be placed in the all India ranking and state wise ranking.
- Quality of faculty is most important aspect to select top MBA colleges from a pool. For this the criteria is that Faculties of best MBA colleges should have industry and educational experience, IIM trainings, Accredited Management Teacher (AMT) by AIMA, National and International Publications, and Consulting.
- Teaching methodology of the good MBA College should fulfill the expectation of the Industry and also bridge the gap with proper Industry interface. The best pedagogy is Student Centric, Case Teaching Methods, Learning Management through Case writing, Concept learning through Activities.
- Good MBA College will have centre of excellence to tie up the curriculum with ICT, which can be certification from IBM, SAP and more.
- Top MBA Colleges will design their course with more possible live projects.
- The top MBA College should have good placement track records.
- Good MBA College should conduct several add on programs to enrich the individual development.
- Highly recommended MBA College should have a rich Infra Structure and Library facility with e-books, journals, virtual language lab etc.
- Student’s achievements of top MBA College should be impressive like Pass percentage, Championships in Management Fest, Business Plan contest and various academic and non academic activities.
- Campus life of the students should be a blend of fun-filled learning atmosphere with clean natural surroundings.
- Top MBA College should cater to the creativity of the students with continuous club activities.
- Good MBA Colleges should have a strong Alumni Network.
- It’s more important that a top MBA College should be socially responsible with various CSR activities for the needy society.
Now it’s your turn! With this check list visit the official web site of the MBA College and also visit the campus in person to know more about it.
I believe now, you are in right place ……………Wishes for your dreams to come true.
Baiju P. Samuel, BLM, MBA, MLM (Accredited Management Teacher, AIMA)